- NetApp Increases its Support for the SAP Co-Innovation Labs Network, Including New SAP HANA Center of Excellence Switzerland
® Co-Innovation Labs. As one of the four founding sponsors of the first SAP Co-Innovation Lab in Palo Alto, Calif., NetApp delivers both leading-edge solution expertise and the global storage platform for all SAP Co-Innovation Labs in locations that include Bangalore, India and Tokyo, Japan. Today, NetApp announced an increased investment to support the SAP Co-Innovation Labs Network, including the newSAP HANA® Center of Excellence Switzerland in Zurich. -- In today's highly networked world, innovation requires collaboration and continuity in order to successfully drive business. With NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) and SAP AG, customers and partners benefit from integrated, end-to-end solutions from the global network of SAP
The first SAP Co-Innovation Lab was opened in 2007. Since then, SAP has opened a network of labs and facilities featuring showrooms, engineering facilities, data centers, and project resources. Its mission is to facilitate project-based co-innovation between SAP and its partners on global and regional levels and in a real-world context. Working closely with SAP for more than a decade, NetApp has a leading role in driving data management innovation for customers.
Developments Resulting from Efforts of NetApp and SAP in the SAP Co-Innovation Lab
- The Cisco® and NetApp®FlexPod®data center solution is an example of how, through cooperation with SAP, NetApp has transformed innovation into a solution. Started as an exploratory proof of concept called "Lean Cloud Reference Architecture," NetApp and its partners evolved the concept beyond a pure hardware stack and built it on the FlexPod shared infrastructure. Through integration with SAP applications, processes, and workflows, the FlexPod solution offers customers greater value.
- Working closely with the SAP Co-Innovation Lab and the SAP CTO team, NetApp and partners enhanced the FlexPod solution by developing SAP solution-specific core services and workflow descriptions. The innovative use of proven NetApp technologies such as FlexClone®, Snapshot™, and SnapManager® helps customers reduce risk and cost and to accelerate SAP lifecycle management and run SAP landscapes in the cloud. The solution is based on the pretested FlexPod design architecture by Cisco and NetApp and integrates VMware® cloud infrastructure.
- Today, customers have a broad choice for FlexPod automation and orchestration that leverage open APIs, including Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud, VMware vCloud Director™, and VMware vCenter™ Server. The new integration with VMware vCenter Orchestrator provides out-of-the box workflows and enables administrators to automate existing manual tasks and execute workflows.
In-Memory Computing, Including SAP HANA
- Through involvement in the SAP Co-Innovation Lab and hardware partner Cisco, NetApp is a major stake holder in the new SAP HANA Center of Excellence Switzerland. It is dedicated to SAP HANA, performing proof of concepts, developing customer-specific demo scenarios, and executing development tasks. The lab has the latest hardware and software versions on site, including the SAP ERP application, the SAP Business Objects™ solution portfolio, and the SAP NetWeaver® technology platform, all integrated with NetApp data management.
Real-life Disaster-Recovery Simulation Between Tokyo and Osaka
- A Japanese system integration partner posed a challenge to participants in the SAP Co-Innovation Lab: Create an efficient disaster-recovery concept. Five partners, including NetApp, worked together to meet the challenge. One scenario was set up in the Tokyo data center of the SAP Co-Innovation Lab, and a temporary one was set up at the member's site in Osaka, backed by NetApp business continuity solutions. The scenario was tested successfully, and soon gained broader interest, because it was simulated shortly before the tsunami hit Japan's coast in March of 2011.
NetApp Contributes to SAP Co-Innovation Labs with High Levels of Efficiency and Flexibility
NetApp solutions provide the storage and data-management backbone of the global network of SAP Co-Innovation Labs, helping to meet the challenges of limited resources and a global shared-project infrastructure. Working concurrently with many partners worldwide involves sensitivity to data privacy and security, as well as to timely closing conditions. Projects require different landscapes based on solutions from both SAP and its partners.
Building on agile NetApp storage and data-management solutions, as well as leveraging full virtualization and cloud capabilities, the SAP Co-Innovation Lab network is able to save resources, reduce SAP landscape provisioning to hours, and easily support140 concurrent landscapes worldwide. Customers and partners can concentrate on their application challenges rather than on infrastructure needs.
- Patrick Rogers, vice president, Data Center Platforms, NetApp
"For more than a decade, we have been working closely with SAP to create innovative solutions for our joint customers. The SAP Co-Innovation Lab concept is highly appealing, because it provides an open framework to build the solutions of tomorrow and makes the results of co-innovation efforts on solutions such as SAP HANA visible and tangible to customers and partners worldwide. We are excited to be part of the ecosystem of partners involved in the SAP Co-Innovation Lab network, as both a storage expert and a supplier."
- Dr. Axel Henning Saleck, vice president and head of Global SAP Co-Innovation Lab Network, SAP Research, Technology and Innovation Platform, SAP
"NetApp is a highly committed partner, driving innovation for joint customers. From the launch of the first SAP Co-Innovation Lab, NetApp has been ready to take the next step and share its technology and knowledge. NetApp is easy to work with, inspiring and openminded, and has the attitude of getting things done. Customers, resellers, and industry partners clearly benefit from core innovation efforts resulting from the labs. Together with our partners in the labs, we are accelerating new innovations and deployments, providing best practices, and shortening time to market for our customers."
Discuss this news in NetApp Communities, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with our community members. Collaborate with our company, engage in conversation with NetApp leaders and employees, and participate in our passion to go further, faster. Join now at www.netapp.com/us/communities.
Source: Press release distribution via India PRwire
Notes to Editor
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business break throughs. Our commitment to living our core values and consistently being recognized as a great place to work around the world are fundamental to our long-term growth and success, as well as the success of our pathway partners and customers. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership between NetApp and any other company. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
# # #
NetApp, the NetApp logo, Go further, faster, FlexClone, FlexPod, SnapManager, and Snapshot are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
SAP, SAP HANA, SAP Business Objects Explorer, NetWeaver, and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries.
Business Objects, Business Objects, and the Business Objects logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Business Objects in the United States and/or other countries. Business Objects is an SAP company.
All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
Cisco is a registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc.
VMware, VMware vCloud, and VMware vCloud Director are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
SAP Forward-looking Statement
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should" and "will" and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
For more information, please contact:Surabi Shetty (Sr Account Supervisor)