|Epson Launches EB-Z8000, EB-Z10000 Series of Ultra-Bright Projectors in India
IT News Online Staff
Epson has launched two new series of highest performance, ultra-bright projectors that are ideal for large venue projection or presentations in bright ambient surroundings. The new series are EB-Z8000 (EB-Z8450WU / Z8455WU / Z8350W / Z8355W / Z8150 / Z8000WU) and EB-Z10000 (EB-Z10000 / Z10005).
The company said these top-of-the-line projectors feature high brightness of up to 10,000 lumens, a resolution of 1,920 x 1,200 pixels and high contrast ratio of 5,000:1 that give users unparalleled projection image quality at any bright surroundings or large venues.
The projectors also feature many advanced Epson home theater projection technologies that make them excellent for video playback as well. These technologies include Epson Cinema Filter, a Faroudja DCDi video processing chip, Super-resolution technology, Frame Interpolation all of which further enhance the quality of video projections.
"This new line of ultra-bright models helps us provide even more options for customers with large or bright venue projection needs in addition to delivering the extreme image quality and product reliability Epson is renowned for," said Samba Moorthy, Director - Sales and Marketing, Epson India.
Key Technologies of the Epson EB-Z8000 and EB-Z10000 series:
- Superior Image Reproduction with 3LCD Technology: Epsonís 3LCD technology offers full-time color projection with three separate LCD panels (Red, Green and Blue) thus ensuring smooth projection of image without color breakup (commonly known as rainbow effect), distorted image patterns and visual fatigue, making it ideal for usage in corporation, classroom and even home theater environments. The 3LCD engine also delivers incredibly bright images and accurate colors that give a touch of realism in every image depicted. The success and road tested reliability of the 3LCD technology has been marked by the milestone of 70 million 3LCD chips shipped to date.
Epson Original Cooling System: The Epson EB-Z8000 / Z10000 series is equipped with the 'Epson Original Cooling System', which uses a Peltier-effect heat exchange semiconductor circuit to cool the LCD panels in order to preserve brightness and picture quality. The cooling system uses what is known as a 'Peltier thermoelectric effect' that cools objects by applying an electrical charge to them. The intricate cooling system allows the system to withstand high temperatures generated by the projectors' dual lamp system, preventing the projector from overheating, thereby increasing their reliability and prolonging their lifespan.
High Brightness and Contrast Ratio: The Epson EB-Z8000 / Z10000 series feature a brightness rating from 7,000 to 10,000 lumens (lm). Both series offer high contrast ratio of 5,000:1 with Auto Iris Technology. This high brightness and contrast enables the projectors to project onto large screen sizes from 60 inches to 500 inches, making them ideal for use in large auditorium, museums or churches where ambient lighting cannot be adjusted.
Key Image Enhancing Features:
- Faroudja DCDi Cinema chip: The projectors feature the DCDi (directional correlation de-interlacing) cinema chip from renowned video processing experts Faroudja Labs. The specialized processor enhances color management while reducing 3D noise, resulting in sharp, crisp, detailed images; in addition, the Response Time Correction (RTC) technology is included to produce seamless motion in videos.
- Epson Cinema Filter: The Epson Cinema Filter extracts very pure hues of the three primary color gamuts of red, green and blue; enabling highly accurate color reproduction and quality while maintaining high contrast ratios that are difficult to achieve with electronic color-correction. This creates vivid and true-to-life reproductions of original colors and content, allowing users to enjoy sharp and crystal-clear presentations.
Super-resolution Technology: Super resolution technology automatically detects blurred sections of an image and uses a mixed color separation process to achieve sharper and refined image quality in Full High Definition projection.
- Frame Interpolation: Frame interpolation technology inserts new frames between original frames. As a result, blurring effects are suppressed and motion pictures look much smoother and sharper.
- DICOM Mode: The DICOM Simulation mode for compliance with the Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) is a color adjustment mode which enhances output on grayscale with greater precision, making it ideal for displaying film-like X-rays and other medical images to large audiences in lecture halls.
Key User Experience Enhancing Features:
- Projection Correction modes: The new projectors come with a set of adjustment modes to help users ensure the best quality panoramic display from when they do multi-screen projection.
-- Point correction: Corrects misalignment by adjusting pixel by pixel to fine tune multi-screen projection
-- Arc correction: Corrects horizontal and vertical bowing/arc distortions easily
-- Edge blending: Intelligently blending the colors of overlapped images from multi-screen projection to achieve a seamless panoramic display
- Lens shift feature and position memory: With a motorized zoom and lens with the widest shift range in their class (70% vertical / 20% horizontal max), setup of the projectors is easy and flexible.
- Epson EasyMP Network and Monitor: With RJ-45 wired LAN connectivity, the projectors can be wired/ wirelessly connected to a laptop or PC to transmit images and audio for a hassle-free presentation. Additionally the network feature enables users to conduct multi-screen display by connecting up to four projectors to one PC to display a panoramic view. EasyMP Monitor enables the IT administrator to remotely monitor the projectors in different locations and conduct simultaneous message broadcast in times of emergency.
- Easy-to-replace lamps and filter: For the convenience of users, Epson has made the design of the projector friendly to use, so that they can easily replace lamps and filters without the requirement of additional tools.