|McAfee Enhances McAfee Cloud Security Platform
IT News Online Staff
McAfee announced that it has enhanced its security platform for the Cloud. The McAfee Cloud Security Platform provides a framework that allows organizations to extend their security and policy enforcement into the Cloud by securing the three primary channels of traffic - email, Web and identity - delivering a secure and trusted bridge between the enterprise and the Cloud.
The challenge for Cloud-adoption in the enterprise is not only to secure data that resides or travels through the Cloud and prevent sensitive data from leaking, but also to protect their organization, their remote offices and their mobile workers from being attacked by cybercriminals who utilize the Cloud and new technologies - mobile apps and Cloud APIs for example - as new in-roads to unleash malware and conduct targeted attacks on organizations.
"Identity, Web and email security components are critical as enterprise IT customers deploy both on-premise and off-premise Cloud-based solutions over the next several years," said Phil Hochmuth, IDC Research. "Customers will expect to build on existing security investments while transitioning appropriate business functions to the Cloud to save on resources and time. IDC believes an appropriately configured Cloud model must guarantee more streamlined business processes, greater business agility, increased security and stronger access management. McAfee, as evidenced by this announcement, continues to deliver key components necessary for customer success in Cloud adoption scenarios."
The updates to the McAfee Cloud Security Platform focus on enhanced security for Cloud-based interactions through continued integration between the products, innovative context-based policy support and web protection for mobile workers. In conjunction with McAfee Global Threat Intelligence, McAfee Cloud Security Platform provides real time protection and correlates data across all threat vectors - file, Web, email and network, thus protecting customers before attacks occur.
New Updates to the McAfee Cloud Security Platform Include:
Integration: Enhanced protection and simplified management:
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) everywhere: Integrated DLP capabilities are now available in McAfee Email Protection and McAfee Web Gateway, minimizing security gaps and data leakage across the different traffic channels.
- New Web reporting for McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator platform: Fully integrated into McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (McAfee ePO) platform, the most advanced security management software available, McAfee Content Security Reporter provides detailed web reporting capabilities. Web reporting through McAfee ePO software streamlines security management by providing greater visibility into security protections and incidents across the enterprise.
- Hybrid Web Protection deployment support: Common policy across on-premise and SaaS deployments from a single console simplifies management while ensuring consistent policy enforcement for all web traffic including HTTP and HTTPS. Unified reporting across on-premise and SaaS deployments provides a consolidated view into Web traffic patterns, trends and issues.
Web Protection for mobile workers:
McAfee Client Proxy simplifies authentication and redirection of web traffic from off-network user laptops to a McAfee Web Protection solution, either McAfee SaaS Web Protection or McAfee Web Gateway, ensuring consistent, tamper-resistant security policy enforcement regardless of location.
Innovative, context- aware policy management:
- Web Gateway: Query and apply data from external sources to Web Gateway policies for expanded Web access control. For example, Web Gateway can now query the Google API for YouTube video content categorization and apply to access policies in real-time.
- Identity Manager: Factor in network, mobile device or other client hardware attributes into a Cloud access control policy decision - enabling granular, context-based control.
"Interest in Cloud computing continues to grow - customers need to know that they can adopt the cloud and rely on the cloud for the majority of their enterprise communications - safely and securely," said Pat Calhoun, SVP and GM, Network Security for McAfee. "The McAfee Cloud Security Platform offers a comprehensive solution so organizations can confidently connect to the Cloud."