Toshiba India, a 100% subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, Japan, a global leader in innovation and cutting edge technology, today launched its first Full HD 3D Smart-TV - Toshiba VL20, in the India market. Outlined with a slim 17mm silver colored bezel, the VL20 3D Smart-TV boasts an elegant slim swivel stand design that complements your living space. Engineered in Japan the VL20 epitomizes easy access to rich and interactive content via TV applications - Toshiba Places. -- Toshiba India, a 100% subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, Japan, a global leader in innovation and cutting edge technology, today launched its first Full HD 3D Smart-TV - Toshiba VL20, in the India market. Outlined with a slim 17mm silver colored bezel, the VL20 3D Smart-TV boasts an elegant slim swivel stand design that complements your living space. Engineered in Japan the VL20 epitomizes easy access to rich and interactive content via TV applications - Toshiba Places.
REGZA VL20 Series
- Active 3D
- 2D-3D Conversion
- MHL™ (Incorporates MHL 1)
- Narrow Bezel Design
- Smart -TV: Toshiba Places
- 1,920x1,080 pixels
- 100Hz Drive Panel
- Dolby® Digital
- Ambient Light Sensor
- Auto Signal Booster
- Active Backlight Control
- 3D Color Management
- Wireless LAN with dongle
- HDD (USB) Contents Play
- Automatic Power down
- DMP (DLNATM)
- 3D Glassesx1
- Screen sizes:
- 40VL20: 102cm (40)
- 46VL20: 117cm (46)
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Tengguo Wu, Director - DS Division, Toshiba India, said, "The launch of our first 3D Smart-TV is sure to catapult Toshiba into a new dimension of interactive consumer entertainment. The launch of the VL20 3D Smart-TVs series is a testimony of Toshiba's continuous endeavor to innovate and our commitment to consumers for an unmatched quality and reliability."
This new line of 3D Smart-TVs features Dolby® Digital solution and MHL™ technology and can satisfy those searching for vibrant and sharp 2D as well as brilliant 3D visuals. The 'Toshiba Places' interface in the VL20 series, enables viewers to use social networking services and view content online. With many smart applications available at a click of a button, consumers can watch their favorite programs in 3D on TV, play their favorite games and surf the Internet, chat with friends and check updates on Facebook, Twitter and other social sites.
Toshiba Places is your gateway to the world of Internet. Each of the 'Places' allows consumers to access a world of content for their Smart-TV.
- · Music Place - enjoy unlimited music on your TV from Toshiba music place. Choose from the many music genres for a relaxing moment.
- Video Place - the 'Video on Demand' feature enables consumers to seamlessly stream movies to TV. Simply log in to Toshiba video place and consumer can access great videos from their Smart-TV.
- Game Place - whether you are casual gamer or a hardcore player, there game place has many kinds of games for consumers of all ages - games for kids, adults and families.
- News Place - stay up to date with news, sport and other information services on your TV.
- Social Place - share your photos and videos with family and friends, no matter where they are, on a Toshiba TV enabled for Toshiba Places.
Upping the bar on 'staying connected', the Regza VL20 3D Smart-TV comes with a host of connectivity features.
- Wireless LAN - VL20 is a wireless LAN ready TV that offers a wireless internet experience to the consumers, without having to worry about messy lines. The 3D Smart-TV comes with a USB wireless dongle to enable consumers to simply plug and can enjoy convenient wireless function.
- MHL™, Mobile High-Definition Link, allows digital content, including 1080p HD video and digital audio to be uploaded to and played back on VL20 TVs, simply by connecting simply one cable with a 5-pin interface. It supports playback from mobile phones and other devices that are MHL™ compliant and allows consumers easily access, share and enjoy a wide range of content, including their own movie.
- DLNATM, the Digital Living Network Alliance's standard, gives VL20 series TVs integrated home network connectivity, allowing content to be streamed to the TV from PCs, the internet and other sources not necessary limited within Toshiba products but also other makers as long as the products support DLNA.
- VL20 series also include two USB ports that not only support audio formats, JPEG playback, and up to 28 video formats (DivX®, MKV), but also provide support for external devices, including an HDD. An HDMI port can play uncompressed multimedia streams from any HDMI enabled HD source. A PC port, composite and component video ports and digital audio output complete the broad connectivity feature set.
SUPERIOR PICTURE PERFORMANCE
At the heart of the Toshiba VL20 3D Smart-TV series is the REGZA Engine technology which offers great picture quality. It features unmatched vivid and vibrant picture quality, with significantly improved color accuracy compared to conventional LED TVs. One set of Toshiba 3D glasses are bundled along the product, for an unparallel 3D viewing experience.
- Complemented by the revolutionary Toshiba technologies such as ClearScan 100 Pro and 2D to 3D Conversion, VL20 offers a superb and dynamic picture quality in full HD resolution while watching 3D content.
- The 10-Bit video processing power of VL20 maintains the 10-bit quality of input data quality during video processing, which produces over 1 billion colors thereby, resulting in more natural picture creation.
- The VL20 3D Smart-TV series also boasts of an advanced feature "3D Color Management" that adjusts hue, saturation and color brightness without affecting the other colors, providing more natural-looking picture.
The VL20 LED TV, like all Toshiba Power TVs come with the "Auto Signal Booster" and "AutoView" features. Auto signal booster improves signal sensitivity and allows viewing in areas with weak signal strengths while the AutoView feature monitors the room brightness and adjusts the backlight and various picture parameters accordingly. It also continually analyzes image lightness and darkness, adjusting it to maintain maximum contrast and reduces the running costs by lowering power consumption.
The Toshiba VL20 LED Power TV comes is available in 102cm (40) and 117cm (46) screen sizes, priced at Rs. 75,990/- and Rs. 85,990/-, respectively. With all Toshiba Power TVs, comes the assurance of cutting edge Japanese technology which is a result of stringent quality tests. The company has expanded its network of service centres to 195 cities across India with a total of 202 service centres, supported by the dedicated call centre which is operational on all 7 days between 8:00am to 10:00pm. Toshiba call centre is reachable at 1800-200-8674/ 1800-11-8674.
Source: Press release distribution via India PRwire
For more information, please contact:
PRaxis Media (Account Manager) (L) 022 - 2444184, (M) 09594669070