Ebuzzing Labs monitor online branded videos to determine which are the most viewed, shared and liked this November.
London, December 6th 2012: Each month Ebuzzing, the global experts in social video advertising, use their monitoring tool, Ebuzzing Labs, to produce their monthly spotlight on social video. In November, the Labs analysed 348 videos from over 150 brands to find the most viewed, shared and liked branded online videos with a special focus on Christmas.
The top publishing sector was yet again Technology producing 24% of all published online videos. Interestingly the Luxury sector only produced 3% of total videos published but achieved 19% of November's total share of views, second highest after Gaming (22%). Luxury also performed well in Facebook interactions, again coming second with 20% behind the Drinks category (28%). With regards to Facebook interaction rate Luxury scored 2.2%, just above November's average (2.1%). The sector's performance was probably due to video campaigns run by Louis Vuitton, Chanel and Cartier which placed highly with regards to share of total views, Facebook interactions and Facebook interaction rate.
Drinks was another sector that generally performed well in November. It produced 15% of all published branded videos, achieving 10% of the total share of views, 27% of Facebook interactions and a 5.8% Facebook interaction rate, well above average. Strong campaigns run by Red Bull largely contributed to the sector, the brand had 9% of total views and 27% of total Facebook interactions. Other drinks brands to contribute were Monster and Coca-Cola with interaction rates of 12.7% and 11.8%.
Christmas ads featured within November's videos with John Lewis standing out. 'The Journey' is in the top three across all metrics with 45% of share of views, 59% of all Facebook interactions and a Facebook interaction rate of 11.8%. Coca-Cola's 'old' advert 'Holidays are coming' has a 1% share of views, 1.8% of Facebook interactions and the highest interaction rate of 14.3% performing better than the 'new' advert 'Together we make the magic happen' which receive 1%, 1.3% and 9.5% across these metrics.
To access the Ebuzzing November Social Video Spotlight report please click here.
Ebuzzing is a leading global platform for social video advertising. Our network of social publishers includes over 40,000 influential blogs, social networks, social games, mobile applications and Facebook. Through our social video offering we have produced campaigns for many of the world's leading brands, delivering an explosive mix of influence, reach and engagement.
Based in the UK, the US, France, Italy, Spain, Germany and Luxembourg, Ebuzzing consists of 200 digital experts, of whom 60 are dedicated to R&D. This team has built the most comprehensive social media and general media database in existence over the past 5 years, crawling and analysing over 2 million data points in 5 European countries daily.
For more information:
Rebecca Mahony (VP, Global Marketing)
Tel: 0207 467 8582